Many dives, particularly in Melbourne, require you to go beyond the 30m limit that your Advanced Open Water certification gives you. There are many wrecks, walls and reefs that are well worth diving, but require a little more training to be safely attempted. We are famous for our Ships’ Graveyard, however the depth of these wrecks requires at least Deep Diver training.
The purpose of the PADI Deep Diver course is to familiarise divers with the skills, knowledge, techniques and hazards of diving between 18m and 40m. It is a safe and supervised introduction to deeper diving within the limits of recreational scuba diving. With 4 dives over 2 days and one Saturday of theory, the Deep Diver course is a comprehensive and fun course to extend your diving experience.
What will I learn?
On your Deep Diver course you will learn about special equipment and techniques needed for going deep. You will also learn more about the effects of pressure, nitrogen loading and narcosis, and more about the risk of decompression sickness. You will complete four dives with the following activities:
- Completing tasks underwater at depth
- Comparing depth gauges
- Looking at the effects of pressure on different items
- A navigation exercise
- View the effect of depth on colours
- Perform a simulated emergency decompression stop
- Descend using the contour of a wall for reference
What will I need?
- Your own mask, snorkel, fins and boots
- A surface marker buoy for boat diving
- Knife or cutting tool
- Slate with pencil
Course costs: $650.00
- PADI Deep Diver certification (which can be used towards your Master Scuba Diver rating)
- Four boat dives
- Airfills on the course
- Gear hire if needed (except mask, snorkel, boots & fins)
Call us now on 03 97555688 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
9am to 5:30pm Monday to Thursday
9am to 9pm Fridays (club night at the shop, everyone welcome to visit and get what you need)
9am to 3pm Saturdays
Closed Sundays and public holidays