PADI IDC STAFF INSTRUCTOR
As an Instructor Development Course (IDC) Staff Instructor, you can help bring up the next generation of PADI Instructors while gaining in-depth instructor-trainer knowledge. Because IDC Staff Instructors are an integral part of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC), you set the stage for moving on to PADI Course Director as you present topics in the IDC and help shape PADI Divemasters and Assistant Instructors into PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors.
Many dive centres or resort management positions require this level of Instructor experience and training, making this an important step if you are considering a career in a Dive Centre or you want to open a dive shop or resort.
What You Learn
- You become a master of instructor-level dive theory, knowledge development teaching presentations and confined water teaching presentations.
- You audit a complete IDC as a staff member rather than as a student.
What You Can Teach
In addition to all the courses you can teach as a PADI Open Water Instructor, you can also:
- Teach PADI Assistant Instructor courses.
- Assist PADI Course Directors in conducting the PADI Instructor Development Courses.
- Assist PADI Course Directors in conducting instructor-level continuing education.
To qualify as a PADI IDC Staff Instructor you need to be:
- Certified as a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer.
- At least 18 years old.
If you are interested in becoming a PADI IDC Staff Instructor, come into the Rowville shop and speak to Damian our Course Director, who can advise you on how to take the next step.