Extended Range Diver Course
The TDI Extended Range course provides the training and experience to competently utilize air for dives to depths not exceeding 55m . The student will use staged-decompression techniques and EANx mixtures and oxygen for decompression.
The objective of this TDI course is to train divers in the proper techniques, gas planning and management, equipment requirements and hazards of deep air diving to depths not exceeding 55m .
- At least four Enriched Air Nitrox compatible first stage and single second stage regulators
- one with a 6-7 ft hose
- one oxygen clean deco regulator
- all with submersible pressure gauges
- Redundant depth and timing device
- Twin cylnders
- 2 deco cylnders
- Dive computer
- BCD with power inflator suitable for double cylinders
- Ascent reel with 70 meters line and SMB
- Adequate exposure protection
- 2 line cutting devices
- 2 Underwater lights
- TDI Extended Range text
Two nights classroom and a minimum of 100 minutes bottom time over four open water dives deeper than 40m .
A minimum of 18 years of age, certification as TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver and TDI Decompression Procedures Diver (or equivalent) and a minimum of 100 logged dives of which 25 must be to depths greater than 30m .
If you are interested in gaining certification as an Extended Range Diver come into the shop and speak to Mick Whitmore, our Technical Diving Instructor, who has expert knowledge on the full range of TDI courses available.