PADI / DSAT Tec 40
The Tec 40 is the first rung in the Tec Deep ladder, the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver course consists of the first four dives. Because you can do one of these dives in confined water (such as a swimming pool), many divers start the Tec 40 courses in the winter months, ready to continue in open water when spring arrives.
You will learn to use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 40 metres/130 feet. By the end you will be qualified to use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression.
Pre-requisites for this cousre:
- Scubacat DivingBe a PADI Advanced Open water diver (or equivalent)
- Be a PADI Deep Speciality diver (or equivalent)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air diver (or equivalent)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least
- 10 dives must be on enriched air
- 12 dives must be deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
- 6 dives must be deeper than 30 metres/100 feet